- CDA Annual Conference, 4-5 October 2014, Banff (Alberta-Canada)
- ICID and ICOLD Presidents write to World Bank President
- Tehri dam held raging Ganga and saved lives, July 23rd
- R.I.P. Nelson Mandela (07/12/2013)
- Construction of Belo Monte resumes, 1st Sept 2012
- Infrastructure for green energy, 30 May 2012
- ICOLD President met IHA President, May 2011
- China-Africa : successful workshop and tour, November 2010
- After the floods, from Red Cross to heads of state, a general call for more dams, November 12th
- ICOLD's new homepage
- ICOLD 27th Congress - 90th Annual Meeting - Marseille (France) - 27May to 3June 2022
- 2022 ANCOLD NZSOLD Conference in Sydney, 26-28 October 2022
- ASIA 2023 Water Resources and Renewable Development in Asia 14-16 March 2023
- 2nd International Conference on Dam Safety Management & Engineering (ICDSME2023) - 16-17 March 2023
- HYDROPOWER EUROPE Final Event: “The Important Role of Hydropower in Energy Transition”
- IAHR Webinar on Sustainable Water Engineering Bringing Together the Global Community - 21 March 2023
Bulletin 162Environmental Fluid Mechanics
Bulletin 178Operation of Hydraulic Structures of Dams
Bulletin 180Dam Surveillance - Lessons learnt from case histories
27th CongressMarseille June 2022
World Register of Dams / Registre Mondial des Barrages
Buy an access to the online World Register of Dams for 3years.
The WRD is the best available data basis on dams in the world and we are constantly striving to better it.
Position PaperPosition Paper - Dam Safety and Earthquakes
Webinar : A FUTURE IN TAILINGS ENGINEERING : An Introduction to a Diverse Career with Immense Opportunities
Online. Microsoft Teams
27-28 March 2023
Brussels Hydropower Day 2023 - 25 Avril 2023
25 April 2023
ICOLD CIGB 2023 - 91st Annual Meeting
11- 15 June 2023
Lake Victoria, Uganda
10 - 12 July 2023
12th ICOLD European Club Symposium
5-8 September 2023
XX TECHNICAL DAM CONTROL INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE
Hotel Diament Arsenal Palace in Chorzów (Poland)
12 - 15 September 2023
Edinburgh International Congress Centre (EICC), Scotland
16-18 October 2023
ICOLD 27th Congress - 90th Annual Meeting - Marseille (France) - 27May to 3June 2022
27th Congress - 90th ICOLD Annual Meeting
27 May - 3 June 2022
Dear friends, dear members of our global dam family,
At the end of December 2021, we sent you the final Bulletin of the 27th ICOLD Congress and the 90th ICOLD Annual Meeting, which will be held from May 27 to June 3, 2022 in Marseille. This Bulletin contains all the information concerning the program of the event and the organization of your coming to France.
The ICOLD Board of Directors, the French Committee for Dams and Reservoirs and the ICOLD 2022 Congress Organizing Committee assure you of their full confidence in the holding of this event in the best conditions, despite the pandemic context that the world is still facing.
The health situation is improving in France and in Europe and the French authorities have just relaxed the restrictive measures in force until now, for public meetings and congresses.
Many national committees have expressed their wish to meet again, to share and to live pleasant moments together. This congress will be a reunion, which we hope will be memorable.
Come and join us!
Early bird rates extented until 15th April
|You can register now for this event and book your hotel on our Website:
The event will take place at the end of spring, a favorable tourist period for travel, especially in the south of France. Many international events take place in Marseille at the same time as our congress.
Revolugo, our hotel reservation partner, has already pre-booked many rooms. However, we advise you to register without delay and to book your accommodation as soon as possible in order to benefit from the advantageous rates reserved for ICOLD/CIGB delegates via the Revolugo platform accessible from the congress website https://cigb-icold2022.fr/fr/visitor/hotels/
If however you were afraid of possible difficulties of refunding in case of postponement and cancellation (which we exclude today!), know that:
- the conditions for refunding registrations for the event are provided and specified in the registration form,
- the cancellation without fees at D-30 is possible in most of the hotels accessible via the Revolugo platform and some hotels propose cancellations without fees until the day of arrival, according to their availability at the date of your reservation.
An early reservation is therefore highly recommended.
We look forward to seeing you!
(Photo : © Valentin Pacaut - The Explorers.jpg)
Marseille and the South Region
The 27th Congress of ICOLD, organized by the French Committee of Dams and Reservoirs in close partnership with the South Region, will be an opportunity to discover or rediscover the city of Marseille.
Marseille, a major port in the Mediterranean, capital of the region, has many attractions. Beyond that, your presence in Marseille will also be an opportunity to enjoy the thousand facets of the South Region. The full name of the region with Provence, Alpes and Côte-d'Azur is an open door to extremely varied landscapes, activities, architectural or natural riches. The tourist offer is extraordinarily wide in a region anchoring its action in sustainable development.
The region's involvement in the climate will be reflected in question 107 of the Congress and in the interventions at the symposium on May 30.
The program prepared by the Organizing Committee will allow a first discovery of the region during technical visits, the program for accompanying persons and post-Congress study tours.
Be sure that the pleasure of these first visits will call for the desire to return.
For other aspects of the region's work, visit its website: https://www.maregionsud.fr.
Tags : Events