- CDA Annual Conference, 4-5 October 2014, Banff (Alberta-Canada)
- ICID and ICOLD Presidents write to World Bank President
- Tehri dam held raging Ganga and saved lives, July 23rd
- R.I.P. Nelson Mandela (07/12/2013)
- Construction of Belo Monte resumes, 1st Sept 2012
- Infrastructure for green energy, 30 May 2012
- ICOLD President met IHA President, May 2011
- China-Africa : successful workshop and tour, November 2010
- After the floods, from Red Cross to heads of state, a general call for more dams, November 12th
- ICOLD's new homepage
- ICOLD 27th Congress - 90th Annual Meeting - Marseille (France) - 27May to 3June 2022
- 2022 ANCOLD NZSOLD Conference in Sydney, 26-28 October 2022
- ASIA 2023 Water Resources and Renewable Development in Asia 14-16 March 2023
- 2nd International Conference on Dam Safety Management & Engineering (ICDSME2023) - 16-17 March 2023
- HYDROPOWER EUROPE Final Event: “The Important Role of Hydropower in Energy Transition”
- IAHR Webinar on Sustainable Water Engineering Bringing Together the Global Community - 21 March 2023
- Webinar : A FUTURE IN TAILINGS ENGINEERING : An Introduction to a Diverse Career with Immense Opportunities - 27-28 March 2023
- ICOLD-CIGB 2023 - 91st ICOLD Annual Meeting, 11 - 15 June 2023
- Hydrovision International 2023 - Charlotte, NC, USA - 11 to 13 july 2023
- Africa 2023 - 10 - 12 July 2023
- 12th ICOLD European Club Symposium - 5 to 8 September 2023
- XX TECHNICAL DAM CONTROL INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE - 12 - 15 September 2023
Bulletin 162Environmental Fluid Mechanics
Bulletin 178Operation of Hydraulic Structures of Dams
Bulletin 180Dam Surveillance - Lessons learnt from case histories
27th CongressMarseille June 2022
World Register of Dams / Registre Mondial des Barrages
Buy an access to the online World Register of Dams for 3years.
The WRD is the best available data basis on dams in the world and we are constantly striving to better it.
Position PaperPosition Paper - Dam Safety and Earthquakes
Edinburgh International Congress Centre (EICC), Scotland
16-18 October 2023
ANCOLD Conference 2023
Cairns Convention Centre
24 - 27 October 2023
9th Int'l Symposium on RCC Dams and Cemented Material Dams
Guangzhou City, China
Dec.4th - 8th,2023
92nd Annual Meeting & Int'l Symposium
New Delhi, India
18 - 24 October 2024
Engineering is one of the key elements of sustainable development. It underpins and impacts almost every aspect of our policy, financial, physical, social and environmental solutions. As the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) are implemented, water infrastructures, technologies and innovations at all levels will be critical. It is estimated that over the period 2015-2030, most countries will need to allocate 1-2% of their GDP to water infrastructure.
In addressing today’s challenges, water engineering is truly blue-green, i.e. it addresses water problems in a holistic way and is a multidisciplinary endeavor, understanding and responding to environmental and societal needs, with deference for human rights, leverages critical grey infrastructure , sustains economic growth, includes nature-based solutions and makes the most of ecosystem services.
Blue-green water engineering is a significant component of the five SDG6 accelerators that are required to bring nations back on track by i) bringing innovation to reality, ii) generating and using information and data for positive water outcomes; iii) increasing capacity development; iv) mobilizing and utilizing financing for the most effective multi-purpose outcomes; and v) providing options and adhering to good governance.
The purpose of this virtual event is to mobilize relevant stakeholders and catalyze contributions to the Action Agenda by exploring ways to facilitate and expand the communication and collaboration between engineers and others working on water issues, but also those beyond the water sector, such as, the food, energy, human health and social services sectors, and also those who are actively working to defend and promote human rights and environmental justice. The side-event seeks to explore opportunities to synergize and utilize knowledge across agencies, foundations, industry, academia and NGOs - building on models that are demonstrating success.
Recognizing that water connects sectors and people and issues, the proposed virtual event is intended to bring together a panel of high-level leaders and experts from different sectors, including engineering, to build an ongoing dialog on ways to bridge the gap across knowledge and governance silos in order to build a stronger approach to future decision making.
Areas of special interest for discussion include dealing with water scarcity, flood risk management in view of climate change, coastal resilience addressing vulnerability to sea level rise and increasingly more intense cyclones/typhoons, and ecological restoration of sensitive areas, such as wetlands.
Opening remarks (5 mins)
Joseph H.W. Lee | President, IAHR; President, Macau University of Science and Technology, China
Overall introduction (10 mins)
Invited talks (10 mins each)
David Wegner | National Academy of Sciences, Water Science Technology Board; Woolpert Engineering, USA
Jing Peng | Vice President, China Institute of Water Resources and Hydropower Research, China
Conchita Marcuello | Directorate General of Water, Ministry for the Ecological Transition and the Demographic Challenge, Spain
Yuanyuan Li | President, International Water Resources Association (IWRA)
Aude Farnault | Water Policy Analyst, Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD)
Michel de Vivo | Secretary General, International Commission on Large Dams (ICOLD)
Stefan Szylkarski | Executive Vice President for Water Resources, DHI Group, Denmark
Discussion (20 mins)
How to participate: No application to be installed. Simply go to the LIVE Page to watch, comment and ask questions.
Registration: You don't need to register to attend the webinar but, by registering, you will keep updated and reminded.
Certificate of participation: A link will be clickable on the LIVE page during the webinar (click here to know how). Anyone requesting a certificate, issued by IAHR, will need to be an IAHR member or have a free IAHR account.
Playback: Not able to watch live? Don't worry. The playback video will be available soon after the webinar.
Tags : Events