- CDA Annual Conference, 4-5 October 2014, Banff (Alberta-Canada)
- ICID and ICOLD Presidents write to World Bank President
- Tehri dam held raging Ganga and saved lives, July 23rd
- R.I.P. Nelson Mandela (07/12/2013)
- Construction of Belo Monte resumes, 1st Sept 2012
- Infrastructure for green energy, 30 May 2012
- ICOLD President met IHA President, May 2011
- China-Africa : successful workshop and tour, November 2010
- After the floods, from Red Cross to heads of state, a general call for more dams, November 12th
- ICOLD's new homepage
- ICOLD 27th Congress - 90th Annual Meeting - Marseille (France) - 27May to 3June 2022
- 2022 ANCOLD NZSOLD Conference in Sydney, 26-28 October 2022
- ASIA 2023 Water Resources and Renewable Development in Asia 14-16 March 2023
- 2nd International Conference on Dam Safety Management & Engineering (ICDSME2023) - 16-17 March 2023
- HYDROPOWER EUROPE Final Event: “The Important Role of Hydropower in Energy Transition”
- IAHR Webinar on Sustainable Water Engineering Bringing Together the Global Community - 21 March 2023
Bulletin 162Environmental Fluid Mechanics
Bulletin 178Operation of Hydraulic Structures of Dams
Bulletin 180Dam Surveillance - Lessons learnt from case histories
27th CongressMarseille June 2022
World Register of Dams / Registre Mondial des Barrages
Buy an access to the online World Register of Dams for 3years.
The WRD is the best available data basis on dams in the world and we are constantly striving to better it.
Position PaperPosition Paper - Dam Safety and Earthquakes
Webinar : A FUTURE IN TAILINGS ENGINEERING : An Introduction to a Diverse Career with Immense Opportunities
Online. Microsoft Teams
27-28 March 2023
Brussels Hydropower Day 2023 - 25 Avril 2023
25 April 2023
ICOLD CIGB 2023 - 91st Annual Meeting
11- 15 June 2023
Lake Victoria, Uganda
10 - 12 July 2023
12th ICOLD European Club Symposium
5-8 September 2023
XX TECHNICAL DAM CONTROL INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE
Hotel Diament Arsenal Palace in Chorzów (Poland)
12 - 15 September 2023
Edinburgh International Congress Centre (EICC), Scotland
16-18 October 2023
ICOLD President met IHA President, May 2011
On May 6, 2011, President JIA Jinsheng of International Commission on Large Dams (ICOLD) met President Refaat Abdel-Malek of International Hydropower Association (IHA) in Beijing.
Dr. JIA warmly welcomed Dr. Abdel-Malek for his visit and then expressed his thanks for the invitation to attend the IHA World Congress on Advancing Sustainable Hydropower, to be held in Iguassu, Brazil, on June 14-17, 2011. He also delivered his warm invitation for Dr. Abdel-Malek to the 79th ICOLD Annual Meeting, to be held in Lucerne, Switzerland, on May 29 - June 3, 2011.
Dr. Abdel-Malek expressed his gratitude for the great hospitality and gleefully accepted the invitation to the 79th ICOLD Annual Meeting. He reviewed the past happy cooperation with ICOLD and briefly introduced the recent programs of IHA, looking forward to further cooperation with ICOLD.
Both sides had an in-depth exchange and discussion on the issues of common concerns, including measures for addressing climate change, sustainable dam construction and hydropower development, position papers for answering public questions, World Declaration on Dams and Hydropower for African Sustainable Development, World Water Council, etc. The meeting deepened the bilateral friendship and enhanced mutually beneficial cooperation in various fields in the future.
Tags : Events