ANCOLD NZSOLD Conference
26 - 28 October 2022
Lake Victoria, Uganda
29 Nov. - 1 Dec. 2022
ICOLD CIGB 2023 - 91st Annual Meeting
11- 15 June 2023
12th ICOLD European Club Symposium
5-8 September 2023
XX TECHNICAL DAM CONTROL INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE
Hotel Diament Arsenal Palace in Chorzów (Poland)
12 - 15 September 2023
Name of the Committee:
Dr Peter Pike
PostNet Suite #498 Private Bag X025 Lynnwood Ridge PRETORIA South Africa 0040
+2782 809 5290
Some words on the country and the Committee:
Two membership categories are now available namely:
- Corporate membership
- Individual membership.
The revised mission of SANCOLD is to:
- Create and promote an awareness and understanding amongst South Africans of the role of dams in the beneficial and sustainable development of South Africa’s water resources;
- Advance the knowledge and skills relating to the science and art of planning, design, construction, management, operation, maintenance, rehabilitation and decommissioning of dams amongst its members in a safe, financially sound, ecologically and socially sustainable manner;
- Provide a democratically elected national committee in South Africa to represent South Africa on the International Commission on Large Dams (ICOLD);
- Provide forums for local interaction between interested participants in the dam industry; and
- Engage with other African countries in support of initiatives such as those of the New Partnership for Africa’s Development (NEPAD) as well as those of ICOLD.
The new Constitution of SANCOLD is available on the SANCOLD website. The website contains a lot of information about SANCOLD and ICOLD as well as information relating to dams. SANCOLD also issues a newsletter (SANCOLD News) to members at least once per month which contains useful information for those involved in the dam industry. These newsletters are also placed on the website.
SANCOLD holds an Annual Event (normally towards the end of the year) in the form of courses/ symposia or conferences and site visits to dams in addition to the Annual General Meeting. Details are provided on the SANCOLD website.
For further details of the new SANCOLD and the forthcoming conference please visit the SANCOLD website at www.sancold.org.za Postal address: PostNet Suite #498 Private Bag X025 Lynnwood Ridge Pretoria 0040 Republic of South Africa