- Management of Risk in Dam Procurement, Sydney, Australia 1-2 August 2019
- Hydropower Europe - Regional Workshops, 28-29 August, Lulea, Sweden
- ALPINE REGIONAL WORKSHOP EPFL, Lausanne, Switzerland 11-12th September 2019
- 15th ICOLD Intl Benchmark Workshop on Numerical Analysis of Dams, Milano, Italy, 9-12 Sept. 2019
- MEDITERRANEAN REGIONAL WORKSHOP, Cultural Center of Chania, Chania, Greece, 30th September - 1st October 2019
- 11th ICOLD European Club Symposium in Greece, 2-4 October 2019
- 8th International Symposium on RCC Dams, 11-12 November 2019, Kunming China
- International Conference on Dam Safety Management and Engineering, Penang, Malaysia, 19 - 21 November 2019
- 5th Asian-Pacific Group symposium, on December 9-13, 2019, in Tehran, Iran
- 88th Annual Meeting of International Commission on Large Dams New Delhi, 4-10th April 2020
- 2020 USSD Conference and Exhibition, 20 - 24 April 2020
- ICOLD 27th Congress - 89th Annual Meeting - Marseille (France) - 5 to 11 June 2021
to the 8th International Symposium on RCC Dams
Nov.11th-12th, Kunming China
Chinese National Committee on Large Dams (CHINCOLD) and Spanish National Committee on Large Dams (SPANCOLD) have the honor to invite professionals to the 8th International Symposium on Roller Compacted Concrete (RCC) Dams, which will be held on Nov. 11th-12th, 2019 in Kunming City, China, together with the CHINCOLD 2019 Annual Meeting.
RCC dams have the virtues of saving a great deal of concrete, building quickly, making project cost down and early bringing into playing project advantages and so on. Hence, the technique of constructing dams has been quickly spread and applied since it came out. Today there are more than 400 RCC dams in more than 40 countries. Great successful experiences and advanced technologies have been achieved. CHINCOLD and SPANCOLD have devoted to promote the technology from early 1990’s. The first Symposium on RCC dams was jointly organized by the two committees in 1991 in Beijing China, which was a success start of the series of RCC Symposiums.
Following those successful and fruitful Symposiums held in Beijing (China) in 1991, Santander (Spain) in 1995, Chengdu (China) in 1999, Madrid (Spain) in 2003, Zaragoza (Spain) in 2012 and Chengdu (China) in 2015, the coming one jointly organized by CHINCOLD and SPANCOLD, will continue to contribute significantly to the knowledge and application of RCC technology with a wide range of contents and international scope. The Symposium will serve as a perfect venue for practitioners, engineers, researchers, scientists, managers and decision makers from all over the world to exchange ideas and technology about the latest developments dealing with RCC dams.
Beside international best practice, the participants will also have the occasion to visit some famous RCC dams in China in operation or under construction, such as Huangdeng RCC Gravity Dam (H=203m), Jin’anqiao RCC Gravity Dam (H=160m), Dachaoshan RCC Gravity Dam (H=115m), Dahuaqiao RCC Gravity Dam (H=107m) and etc. Also a technical exhibition for enterprises related to hydropower and dams will be held during the Symposium.
Tags : Events