- MEDITERRANEAN REGIONAL WORKSHOP, Cultural Center of Chania, Chania, Greece, 30th September - 1st October 2019
- 11th ICOLD European Club Symposium in Greece, 2-4 October 2019
- INCA 2019 Dam Safety Seminar - 6-7 November, Hernandarias, Paraguay
- 8th International Symposium on RCC Dams, 11-12 November 2019, Kunming China
- International Conference on Dam Safety Management and Engineering, Penang, Malaysia, 19 - 21 November 2019
- 5th Asian-Pacific Group symposium, on December 9-13, 2019, in Tehran, Iran
- 88th Annual Meeting of International Commission on Large Dams New Delhi, 4-10th April 2020
- 2020 USSD Conference and Exhibition, 20 - 24 April 2020
- ICOLD 27th Congress - 89th Annual Meeting - Marseille (France) - 5 to 11 June 2021
Welcome to the 88thAnnual Meeting of International Commission on Large Dams
New Delhi, 4-10th April 2020
The INCOLD is proud to host the 88th Annual Meeting of the International Commission on Large Dams in India’s capital city, New Delhi. INCOLD has a long tradition of collaboration with other National Committees of ICOLD and participation in the development of large Dams as well as leading guidance for engineers and other professionals.
All the engineers and other professionals contribute their expertise to develop large dams for irrigation and other multipurpose uses along with power generation with eco-friendly measures. India is 3rd in terms of number of large dams after USA and China. In terms of irrigation India ranks 2nd worldwide having largest irrigated land area. The ground system is the largest, covering – 160 million ha of cultivated land in India with 39 million ha irrigated by ground water, 22 million ha by irrigated canals. About two third of cultivation in India is still depending on monsoon. India is the 7th largest producer of hydroelectric power in the world. As on 31.12.2018, India’s installed utility-scale hydroelectric capacity is 45,399 MW or 13.10 % of its total utility power generation capacity.
India’s state- of- art technology being illustrated by constructing large dams like Bhakra, Tehri, Sardarsorvar and many more mega projects.
The Participation in ICOLD 2020 shall encourage the Indian experts as well as global experts from Dam industry to share their experiences among similar community. This event will provide an excellent opportunity to know recent trends in Dam industry.
Initial Bulletin can be downloaded here
Tags : Events