- Management of Risk in Dam Procurement, Sydney, Australia 1-2 August 2019
- Hydropower Europe - Regional Workshops, 28-29 August, Lulea, Sweden
- ALPINE REGIONAL WORKSHOP EPFL, Lausanne, Switzerland 11-12th September 2019
- 15th ICOLD Intl Benchmark Workshop on Numerical Analysis of Dams, Milano, Italy, 9-12 Sept. 2019
- MEDITERRANEAN REGIONAL WORKSHOP, Cultural Center of Chania, Chania, Greece, 30th September - 1st October 2019
- 11th ICOLD European Club Symposium in Greece, 2-4 October 2019
- 8th International Symposium on RCC Dams, 11-12 November 2019, Kunming China
- International Conference on Dam Safety Management and Engineering, Penang, Malaysia, 19 - 21 November 2019
- 5th Asian-Pacific Group symposium, on December 9-13, 2019, in Tehran, Iran
- 88th Annual Meeting of International Commission on Large Dams New Delhi, 4-10th April 2020
- 2020 USSD Conference and Exhibition, 20 - 24 April 2020
- ICOLD 27th Congress - 89th Annual Meeting - Marseille (France) - 5 to 11 June 2021
Join us in Denver, Colorado, April 20-24 for the 2020 USSD Annual Conference and Exhibition. Be a part of this premier technical event for dam and levee professionals. Learn from industry experts, gain expertise, share experiences, connect with colleagues, build new relationships, and collaborate with other world-class professionals dedicated to advancing the role of dam and levee systems in society. Come to the Mile High City; ELEVATE your game.
CALL FOR PAPERS
All professionals involved in dams, levees, and water resources engineering are invited to submit abstracts. Abstract submissions must be for proposed papers or expanded abstracts that are original and have not been published or accepted in a journal or conference proceedings, nor presented at another conference. Submissions must not be concurrently under consideration for publication or presentation elsewhere. Authors are invited to submit initial abstracts (300-word limit, no title nor author names) describing research or experience relating to the topics addressed by USSD Technical Committees, as listed below.
If accepted, all presenters must prepare either a full paper (10-15 pages) OR an expanded abstract (2-5 pages), which will be included in the electronic conference proceedings. Guidelines for preparing full papers or expanded abstracts will be provided upon acceptance. Abstracts will be selected by members of the Technical Program Planning Committee based on scientific/engineering merit, relevance, and overall quality. Due to time and space constraints, it is possible that not all submissions will be selected for the Conference. Please do not submit an abstract unless the following two conditions can be met:
1. You have approval from your employer and/or client to present this topic.
2. The work/results discussed in your paper/presentation will be substantially complete by the final submission deadline of March 20, 2020.
Following acceptance, authors must return a commitment form confirming their intention to participate in the conference and granting USSD permission to publish and distribute their paper/expanded abstract and presentation.
All authors and presenters are expected to attend the Conference and pay the discounted registration fee for authors and presenters.
Young Professionals (age 35 and under) are encouraged to submit abstracts, and will receive a reduced conference registration fee.
Submit abstracts by July 8 here:
•Advocacy and Public Awareness
• Concrete Dams
• Construction and Rehabilitation
• Dam Decommissioning
• Dam Safety
• Embankment Dams
• Environment and Sustainability
• Hydraulics and Hydrology
• Monitoring of Dams and their Foundations
• Public Safety, Security and Emergency Management for Dams
• Tailings Dams
• Other Contemporary Issues
CALL FOR PAPERS SCHEDULE
Abstracts Due: July 8, 2019
Authors notified: September 16, 2019
Drafts Due: November 29, 2019
Review Comments Due: January 7, 2020
Final Papers Due: March 20, 2020
If you are interested in coordinating a specialty track on a specific topic, please send a message to 2020Conference@USSDams.org. Specialty tracks will run concurrently with other tracks in the technical program. Abstracts will need to be submitted in Catalyst (see link above) for each presentation proposed for a specialty track.
CALL FOR WORKSHOPS
Several workshops, organized by USSD Technical Committees, will be held during the conference. USSD Technical Committees are invited to submit workshop proposals to 2020Conference@USSDams.org.
CALL FOR MODERATORS
Conference moderators are needed to review draft papers and moderate technical sessions during the conference. Two moderators will be assigned to each technical session.
Moderators will be expected to:
- Review draft papers
- Collect draft and final PowerPoint presentations on your computer
- Moderate a technical session during the conference
If you are interested in serving as a moderator, email 2020Conference@USSDams.org.
Conference activities will take place at the Hyatt Regency Denver at Colorado Convention Center. All sessions and the exhibition will take place in the hotel. The hotel is centrally located in the heart of Denver’s restaurant and entertainment district. Hotel reservations at the group rate can be made beginning in October via this website.
TECHNICAL PROGRAM CHAIR
Elena Sossenkina, HDR 2020Conference@USSDams.org
Tags : Events