- Africa 2019 Windhoek - Namibie, 2-4 Avril 2019
- World Construction Forum 2019, 8-11 April 2019
- USSD Conference and Exhibition, Chicago, Illinois, 8-11 April 2019
- 18. Deutsches Talsperrensymposium, 8-10 May 2019
- 87th Annual Meeting - Ottawa, Canada, 9-14 June 2019
- 15th ICOLD Intl Benchmark Workshop on Numerical Analysis of Dams, Milano, Italy, 9-12 Sept. 2019
- 11th ICOLD European Club Symposium in Greece, 2-4 October 2019
Numerical modelling has become the indispensable and powerful tool for design and safety assessment of dams. The tremendous development of computer hardware and software over the last decades has made it possible the present extraordinary development of computer-based methods.
The benchmark-workshops organized by the ICOLD Technical Committee A “Computational Aspects of Analysis and Design of Dams” since 1991 provide an excellent opportunity for engineers, researchers and operators to present and exchange their experiences and the latest developments related to the design, performance and monitoring of dams.
The ICOLD Technical Committee A and ITCOLD, the Italian National Committee on Large Dams, have the pleasure to announce the organization of the 15th Benchmark Workshop on Numerical Analysis of Dams to be held in Milano on 9th-11th September 2019.
The Workshop is co-organized with the Politecnico di Milano, that will host the event, and Ricerca sul Sistema Energetico - RSE.
Moreover, after the Workshop a short course on Modern Methods for Nonlinear Earthquake Response History Analysis of Concrete Dams will be given by Professor Anil K. Chopra (University of California, Berkeley) in collaboration with his research associates.
Tags : Events