- CDA Annual Conference, 4-5 October 2014, Banff (Alberta-Canada)
- ICID and ICOLD Presidents write to World Bank President
- Tehri dam held raging Ganga and saved lives, July 23rd
- R.I.P. Nelson Mandela (07/12/2013)
- Construction of Belo Monte resumes, 1st Sept 2012
- Infrastructure for green energy, 30 May 2012
- ICOLD President met IHA President, May 2011
- China-Africa : successful workshop and tour, November 2010
- After the floods, from Red Cross to heads of state, a general call for more dams, November 12th
- ICOLD's new homepage
- ICOLD 27th Congress - 90th Annual Meeting - Marseille (France) - 27May to 3June 2022
- 2022 ANCOLD NZSOLD Conference in Sydney, 26-28 October 2022
- ASIA 2023 Water Resources and Renewable Development in Asia 14-16 March 2023
- 2nd International Conference on Dam Safety Management & Engineering (ICDSME2023) - 16-17 March 2023
- HYDROPOWER EUROPE Final Event: “The Important Role of Hydropower in Energy Transition”
- IAHR Webinar on Sustainable Water Engineering Bringing Together the Global Community - 21 March 2023
- Webinar : A FUTURE IN TAILINGS ENGINEERING : An Introduction to a Diverse Career with Immense Opportunities - 27-28 March 2023
- ICOLD-CIGB 2023 - 91st ICOLD Annual Meeting, 11 - 15 June 2023
- Hydrovision International 2023 - Charlotte, NC, USA - 11 to 13 july 2023
- Africa 2023 - 10 - 12 July 2023
- 12th ICOLD European Club Symposium - 5 to 8 September 2023
- XX TECHNICAL DAM CONTROL INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE - 12 - 15 September 2023
Bulletin 162Environmental Fluid Mechanics
Bulletin 178Operation of Hydraulic Structures of Dams
Bulletin 180Dam Surveillance - Lessons learnt from case histories
27th CongressMarseille June 2022
World Register of Dams / Registre Mondial des Barrages
Buy an access to the online World Register of Dams for 3years.
The WRD is the best available data basis on dams in the world and we are constantly striving to better it.
Position PaperPosition Paper - Dam Safety and Earthquakes
9th Int'l Symposium on RCC Dams and Cemented Material Dams
Guangzhou City, China
Dec. 4th - 8th, 2023
Int'l Symposium on Safety on Dams - INCA Club
Rio Grande, Puerto Rico
May 21 - 23, 2024
12th East Asian Dam Conference (EADC)
3rd to 7th June 2024
92nd Annual Meeting & Int'l Symposium
New Delhi, India
27 Sept. - 3 Oct. 2024
17th ICOLD International Benchmark Workshop on Numerical Analysis of Dams
9th - 12th April 2025
To promote “World Declaration on Hydropower and Dams for African Sustainable Development”, initiated by ICOLD and other relevant international organizations, and to implement the spirit of the CHINCOLD 2010 Annual Board Meeting, CHINCOLD has successfully organized workshop and technical tour for African delegates during 1-7 November 2010 in China.
The workshop and technical tour has received since its initiation in June 2010 passionate concern and energetic support from African ICOLD national Committees, CHINCOLD members, and other relevant organizations. The CHINCOLD activity has also drawn attention from African Embassies in Beijing. In total CHINCOLD had invited 12 experts from 12 different African countries to attend the activity. Finally, 9 African delegates joined in the CHINCOLD workshop and technical tour, including Mr. Albert BERE from Burkina Faso, Mr. Emmanuel Dankwa OSAFO from Ghana, Mr. Justino VIEIRA from Guinea Bissau, Mr. Mountaga DIALLO from Mali, Mr. Mohamed Salem Ould MERZOUG from Mauritania, Mr. Carlos Bonete MARTINHO from Mozambique, Mr. Saloum CISSE from Senegal, Mr. Mutaz Musa Abdalla SALIM from Sudan, and Mr. Joackim JOSEPH from Tanzania. The other 3 African experts didn’t join due to the visa and funding problems.
On 2 November 2010, the Workshop and Round Table Meeting on “Sustainable Development of Dams and Hydropower” was successfully held by CHINCOLD in Beijing. More than 50 participants, including African delegates and Chinese high-level officers and experts from government, investors, designers, contractors, etc., join in and discuss topics related to dam construction and hydropower development.
After the Workshop and Round Table Meeting, technical tours to Xiaolangdi Project, Shuibuya Hydropower Project, and Three Gorges Project, were arranged by CHINCOLD for African delegates during 3-6 November 2010. On 7 November 2010, President Wang Shucheng of CHINCOLD met with African delegates and hosted a Banquet for African delegates. President Wang introduced the current situations and future plans of dam construction and hydropower development in China and discussed with African friends on deepening future cooperation and exchanges in the field of water resources and hydropower development.
The CHINCOLD Workshop and Technical Tour has provided a platform for cross-border communication, through which mutual understanding and cooperation would be enhanced between African delegates and Chinese Professionals in water sector. CHINCOLD will continue to make contributions to promote the World Declaration and help African countries in water resources and hydropower development in the future.
Tags : Events