- CDA Annual Conference, 4-5 October 2014, Banff (Alberta-Canada)
- ICID and ICOLD Presidents write to World Bank President
- Tehri dam held raging Ganga and saved lives, July 23rd
- R.I.P. Nelson Mandela (07/12/2013)
- Construction of Belo Monte resumes, 1st Sept 2012
- Infrastructure for green energy, 30 May 2012
- ICOLD President met IHA President, May 2011
- China-Africa : successful workshop and tour, November 2010
- After the floods, from Red Cross to heads of state, a general call for more dams, November 12th
- ICOLD's new homepage
- ICOLD 27th Congress - 90th Annual Meeting - Marseille (France) - 27May to 3June 2022
- 2022 ANCOLD NZSOLD Conference in Sydney, 26-28 October 2022
- ASIA 2023 Water Resources and Renewable Development in Asia 14-16 March 2023
- 2nd International Conference on Dam Safety Management & Engineering (ICDSME2023) - 16-17 March 2023
- HYDROPOWER EUROPE Final Event: “The Important Role of Hydropower in Energy Transition”
- IAHR Webinar on Sustainable Water Engineering Bringing Together the Global Community - 21 March 2023
- Webinar : A FUTURE IN TAILINGS ENGINEERING : An Introduction to a Diverse Career with Immense Opportunities - 27-28 March 2023
- ICOLD-CIGB 2023 - 91st ICOLD Annual Meeting, 11 - 15 June 2023
- Hydrovision International 2023 - Charlotte, NC, USA - 11 to 13 july 2023
- Africa 2023 - 10 - 12 July 2023
- 12th ICOLD European Club Symposium - 5 to 8 September 2023
- XX TECHNICAL DAM CONTROL INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE - 12 - 15 September 2023
Bulletin 162Environmental Fluid Mechanics
Bulletin 178Operation of Hydraulic Structures of Dams
Bulletin 180Dam Surveillance - Lessons learnt from case histories
27th CongressMarseille June 2022
World Register of Dams / Registre Mondial des Barrages
Buy an access to the online World Register of Dams for 3years.
The WRD is the best available data basis on dams in the world and we are constantly striving to better it.
Position PaperPosition Paper - Dam Safety and Earthquakes
9th Int'l Symposium on RCC Dams and Cemented Material Dams
Guangzhou City, China
Dec. 4th - 8th, 2023
Int'l Symposium on Safety on Dams - INCA Club
Rio Grande, Puerto Rico
May 21 - 23, 2024
12th East Asian Dam Conference (EADC)
3rd to 7th June 2024
92nd Annual Meeting & Int'l Symposium
New Delhi, India
27 Sept. - 3 Oct. 2024
17th ICOLD International Benchmark Workshop on Numerical Analysis of Dams
9th - 12th April 2025
On behalf of the Australian National Committee on Large Dams (ANCOLD) Executive and the Local Organising Committee, it is my pleasure to invite you to the 2022 ANCOLD NZSOLD Conference in Sydney, New South Wales.
The conference will be held at the International Convention Centre (ICC), Australia’s first fully integrated harbourside convention, exhibition, and entertainment venue. The ICC is situated in a spectacular location on the Darling Harbour waterfront.
The conference theme, “Sustainable Dams in a Climate of Change” is timely given the significant changes to the operating landscape that is impacting the dams industry. The conference will provide an invaluable opportunity to consider the landscape we occupy as an industry, by exploring the challenges and opportunities of dam ownership against a backdrop of increasing expectations from the community and other stakeholders. This will be a great forum to share industry good practice about: the safety management of ageing dams; sustainable practices and considerations for building new dams; climate change reflections and implications on dam engineering; innovation and adoption of new technologies in dam operation and maintenance; application of risk-based systems in design and assessment of dams.
It is almost 3 years since the last in-person NZSOLD/ANCOLD conference in Auckland and four years on home soil for ANCOLD, hence the Sydney conference will provide a good opportunity to reconnect with colleagues, expand professional networks, engage directly with speakers, and gain new insights from the exhibitor displays.
We welcome and value the ongoing support from past sponsors of the ANCOLD NZSOLD conferences and encourage new sponsors to take up the opportunities and brand exposure that this conference can offer.
We look forward to seeing you all in Sydney in October, for what promises to be an enlightening, rewarding and memorable event.
ANCOLD NZSOLD 2022 Conference Convenor
Tags : Events