- CDA Annual Conference, 4-5 October 2014, Banff (Alberta-Canada)
- ICID and ICOLD Presidents write to World Bank President
- Tehri dam held raging Ganga and saved lives, July 23rd
- R.I.P. Nelson Mandela (07/12/2013)
- Construction of Belo Monte resumes, 1st Sept 2012
- Infrastructure for green energy, 30 May 2012
- ICOLD President met IHA President, May 2011
- China-Africa : successful workshop and tour, November 2010
- After the floods, from Red Cross to heads of state, a general call for more dams, November 12th
- ICOLD's new homepage
- ICOLD 27th Congress - 90th Annual Meeting - Marseille (France) - 27May to 3June 2022
- 2022 ANCOLD NZSOLD Conference in Sydney, 26-28 October 2022
- ASIA 2023 Water Resources and Renewable Development in Asia 14-16 March 2023
- 2nd International Conference on Dam Safety Management & Engineering (ICDSME2023) - 16-17 March 2023
- HYDROPOWER EUROPE Final Event: “The Important Role of Hydropower in Energy Transition”
- IAHR Webinar on Sustainable Water Engineering Bringing Together the Global Community - 21 March 2023
- Webinar : A FUTURE IN TAILINGS ENGINEERING : An Introduction to a Diverse Career with Immense Opportunities - 27-28 March 2023
- ICOLD-CIGB 2023 - 91st ICOLD Annual Meeting, 11 - 15 June 2023
- Hydrovision International 2023 - Charlotte, NC, USA - 11 to 13 july 2023
- Africa 2023 - 10 - 12 July 2023
- 12th ICOLD European Club Symposium - 5 to 8 September 2023
- XX TECHNICAL DAM CONTROL INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE - 12 - 15 September 2023
Bulletin 162Environmental Fluid Mechanics
Bulletin 178Operation of Hydraulic Structures of Dams
Bulletin 180Dam Surveillance - Lessons learnt from case histories
27th CongressMarseille June 2022
World Register of Dams / Registre Mondial des Barrages
Buy an access to the online World Register of Dams for 3years.
The WRD is the best available data basis on dams in the world and we are constantly striving to better it.
Position PaperPosition Paper - Dam Safety and Earthquakes
9th Int'l Symposium on RCC Dams and Cemented Material Dams
Guangzhou City, China
Dec. 4th - 8th, 2023
Int'l Symposium on Safety on Dams - INCA Club
Rio Grande, Puerto Rico
May 21 - 23, 2024
12th East Asian Dam Conference (EADC)
3rd to 7th June 2024
92nd Annual Meeting & Int'l Symposium
New Delhi, India
27 Sept. - 3 Oct. 2024
17th ICOLD International Benchmark Workshop on Numerical Analysis of Dams
9th - 12th April 2025
WATER STORAGE AND HYDROPOWER DEVELOPMENT FOR AFRICA
will take place at the Speke Resort Munyonyo Conference Centre,
Lake Victoria, Uganda
29 November - 1 December 2022
New dates : 10 - 12 July 2023
The objective of the regional conferences for AFRICA, co-hosted by Aqua~Media International and ICOLD, in collaboration with the governments of the host countries, is to bring together a group of experts from all parts of the world to focus on issues of specific interest for Africa, in the field of water storage and hydropower development.
Typically, participants include high-level representatives of ministries and utilities, private development groups, consulting practices, international and regional development banks, contractors, and equipment suppliers.
Themes begin with project identification and planning, progress through to financing, design, environmental protection, social aspects, and then construction, operation, maintenance and refurbishment.
Cross-border collaboration for transboundary schemes, challenging sites and climate resilience, as well as capacity building and training, are topics which always feature high on the agenda.
AFRICA 2022 will be the fourth conference and exhibition in this series. The first took place in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, in 2013, under the auspices of the African Union, with a keynote address from the Commissioner for Energy and Industry. The second was held in Marrakech, Morocco in 2017, under the High Patronage of HE King Mohammed VI.
AFRICA 2019 moved south to Windhoek, Namibia, and had strong participation from NamPower, the Global Water Partnership - Southern Africa, and the Southern African Power Pool. The World Bank, African Development Bank, and the African Union, have all contributed much to the programmes.
Uganda is an enthusiastic local partner for AFRICA 2022. International delegates and accompanying persons will meet in beautiful surroundings, for three days of sessions, preceded by workshops and training seminars, and followed by tours to hydro schemes. There will be plenty of additional networking opportunities, and cultural excursions.
Tags : Events